The objectives of IACS
– to promote studies of cryospheric subsystems of the Earth solar systems
– to encourage research in the above subjects by members of the cryospheric community, national and international institutions and programmes, and individual countries through collaboration and international co-ordination
– to provide an opportunity on an international basis for discussion and publication of the results of the above research
– to promote education and public awareness on the cryosphere
– to facilitate the standardisation of measurement or collection of data on cryospheric systems and of the analysis, archiving and publication of such data.
We encourage all members of the cryospheric community to contribute towards these goals.
Next IUGG General Assembly : 22 June - 2 July 2015, Prague